Saturday 7 September 2013

{Day 7/365} Home made chocolate granola

Today I complete my first week of project 365, hooray! It was a great first week. My delight of today is most definitely the taste of the homemade chocolate granola I made yesterday. A couple of days ago I found this recipe on Aleksandra's lovely blog Eat Me!, which is certainly worth a visit.

For a big jar of granola you will need:

- 300 gr rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- a handful dried cranberries
- a handful chopped walnuts (I used hazelnuts instead)
- a handful of almond flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey (or the sweatener of your choice)

1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celcius
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread evenly the mixture on it. I used a baking tray because of the size of my oven, that works too.
3. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Pop in every five to ten minutes to toss the granola and watch not to burn it. 

That's all there is! It's one of the simplest recipes I have ever seen, and one of the most delicious, too. Try this, and you know why home made goods easily beat supermarket bought goods. Enjoy this breakfast with (soy) milk or yoghurt, and fresh fruit.




2 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it, Esther! And my congratulations on finishing the first week of your project. have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete