Friday 6 September 2013

{Day 6/365} Banana-avocado bread

Last week I was stuck with two very ripe bananas and avocados and I found a delicious recipe for banana-avocado bread on a food blog called A Little Yum, via May Richer Fuller Be. I adjusted the recipe just a little bit, and I'd cut out the majority of the sugar next time. 

For approximately 15 slices you will need:
- 150 gr sugar
- 60 gr softened vegetable butter
- Half an avocado (I used the entire avocado)
- 240 gr flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe bananas (I used two)
- 3 tablespoons milk

1. Cream together sugar, butter and avocado.
2. Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt until well mixed.
4. Fold together the butter and flour mixture until well incorporated.
5. Mash the bananas. Mix in the mashed bananas and milk.
6. Bake at about 175 degrees Celcius for one hour or until the top springs back when you press it.


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is wonderful. Nice, clean, simple. Not too cluttered. Great photos, interesting tidbits. I may try and make this. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roxy, thank you so much for your comment. I have started this blog only a few days ago, so your compliment means a lot. And do try this recipe. It's delicious!

      Delete